Restorative dentistry is the field of dental care that focuses on repairing and restoring teeth that have been damaged or lost. This can include treatments such as crowns, bridges, dentures, and more! Restorative dentistry can help to improve the function and appearance of your teeth, and it can also help to prevent further damage from occurring.
Here at Dental Arts of Coronado Avenue, we offer a wide range of restorative dental treatments to help you achieve optimal oral health. These services are designed to provide treatments and improvement for the purpose of establishing better smiles and brighter futures. Regardless of your particular needs, our restorative dentistry services can help restore the function, integrity, and overall well-being of your smile.
If you are looking for a trusted dental team in the San Diego, CA area who can provide high-quality restorative care, look no further than Dental Arts of Coronado Avenue. Our team is committed to your dental health and well-being, and we look forward to serving you!
Crowns & Bridges
Dental crowns and bridges are two common types of dental restorations used to improve the function and appearance of the smile.
- A dental crown is a durable cap that is placed over a damaged or decayed tooth to restore its function and appearance. Typically placed following a root canal, the crown encapsulates the natural tooth and protects it from future damage.
- A bridge is a custom-made prosthetic utilized to fill in the gap created by one or more missing teeth in a subsequent section. The bridge is composed of multiple dental crowns that have been fused together and are then cemented over the teeth on either side of the gap. In order to fit properly, these healthy adjacent teeth must be reshaped – allowing the bridge to be cemented in place.
At our practice, we utilize CEREC technology to create crowns and bridges in just one day. This means that you can get the treatment you need without having to wait weeks for your new crown or bridge to be created. On the same day you receive your dental treatment, you can walk away with a perfect restoration!
Our team is highly skilled and experienced in using this technology to create precisely fitted prosthetics that will beautifully restore your smile. If you need a dental crown or bridge, don’t wait – call our office today and ask about CEREC same-day dental crowns and bridges!
Full & Partial Dentures
Dentures are custom-made dental prosthetics designed to replace missing teeth. Our office offers both full and partial dentures to suit the needs of every patient. We take a custom approach to denture design and fabrication, working closely with our patients to ensure that the final product fits, looks, and functions exactly as desired.
- Full dentures are designed to replace all of the missing teeth in the upper or lower arch. Typically, these prosthetics are secured using either suction or dental adhesive.
- Partial dentures are utilized in cases of one or more missing teeth along the dental arch. These appliances are held in place using metal clasps that clip onto adjacent teeth for support.
Inlays & Onlays
Inlays and onlays are restorations used to repair a tooth following decay formation along the chewing surfaces. While dental fillings or crowns are typically used to restore decay damage, inlays and onlays are used when the area of damage requires more than a filling, but a crown would be excessive. These restorations are designed to more precisely treat the surface areas of the teeth by directly restoring the parts that were damaged.
- Inlays are used to restore the tooth when decay has affected areas between the cusps. These are the deep pits located at the center surface of the tooth.
- Onlays restore areas of decay that have affected one or more cusps along the tooth surface. These are the raised, pointed areas along the top of the tooth.
Our office creates inlays and onlays from composite resin. As a result, the restoration blends seamlessly and precisely matches the tooth color.
Full Mouth Reconstruction
A full mouth reconstruction is a procedure in which multiple areas of concern are addressed by a combination of services – each designed to restore the patient’s smile, health, and function. This involves the restoration or rebuilding of most or all of the teeth in the mouth, as well as treatment for any existing ailments.
The goal of full mouth reconstruction is to restore the health and function of the mouth while also creating a natural, complementary appearance. There may be a number of reasons why a person might consider undergoing this procedure. One such reason would be due to damage caused by an accident, tooth decay, gum disease, or other oral damage.
Full mouth reconstruction is typically done over the course of multiple visits and can often require a significant amount of work to complete. The process looks different for every patient and is personalized to fit any particular needs or areas of concern. Overall, the purpose of full mouth reconstruction is to improve health and provide a new lease on life to patients who are negatively impacted by their smile’s current condition.
Compassionate Care Through Your Restorative Process
At Dental Arts of Coronado Avenue, we believe in treating each patient as a unique individual and in making sure that they are well-informed about their treatment options when it comes to restorations. Our goal is to make sure that every patient feels right at home and that all of their questions are answered before beginning smile treatment.
If you’re looking for a dedicated team of professionals who can help you achieve your healthiest smile, look no further than our office! Contact us today to schedule an appointment.